My client a top Asset Management firm is looking for an operations contractor. You have to be from a buy side trade support background. You have to have a degree. You have to be immediately available.
Provides oversight of Analyst and Senior Analyst activities and completes daily complex and high risk tasks to support the team’s production of gold-copy data. Serves as an escalation point to resolve technical issues in a timely manner. Builds strong strategic relationships as a thought partner across the global teams to resolve complex operational issues. Based on the assignment, responsible for tasks within the Liquidity Management, Corporate Actions or Trade Administration Centers of Excellence teams.
1. Provides oversight of Analyst and Senior Analyst activities and completes daily complex and high risk tasks to support the team’s production of gold-copy data. Serves as an escalation point to resolve technical issues in a timely manner. Based on the assignment, responsible for tasks within the Liquidity Management, Corporate Actions or Trade Administration Centers of Excellence teams.
2. Identifies and leads internal control framework improvements to ensure continued compliance and timely issue detection. Implements risk process improvements related to department and team workflows. Adheres to various control standards to ensure compliance.
3. Proactively identifies and leads process enhancement initiatives to gain efficiencies and improve quality. Recognizes roadblocks and resolves to maximize team impacts.
4. Develops a strong and consistent knowledge of funds and securities assigned and obtains an end-to-end knowledge of the operational processes being supported. Understands details driving the operational processes and the portfolio impacts. Leverages fund and operational knowledge to aid in the production of gold copy data and uses investment acumen to enhance output.
5. Builds strong strategic relationships as a thought partner across the global Iteams community to resolve complex operational issues. Uses and strengthens FFS-wide network to accelerate issue resolution and improve quality.
6. Develops depth of OPS knowledge through increased functional experience and serves as a resource to the department to share expertise. Cross-trained in all critical team functions and capable of supporting operational coverage as needed. Develops others by providing coaching, guidance and on-the-job training.
7. Ensures accountability for comprehensive documentation of Investment Support procedures and drives process improvements.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as assigned.
● Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree and/or Professional Certification (CFA, MBA) preferred.
● Minimum 3 years of business related experience preferred. Investment Operations or related experience preferred. Excellent analytical capabilities, research, problem solving and time management skills required. Proficiency in Investment Operations procedures and knowledge of investment operations workflows preferred. ●
● Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and motivate other crew members.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to build solid business relationships. Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities. Proven ability to analyze issues quickly and independently take appropriate action under tight time constraints.
● Proficiency with Microsoft applications and investment management platforms (Aladdin, CRD, Access, etc.) preferred Readily learns new complex concepts and has the ability to incorporate them into analysis and decision making process. Excellent judgment and ability to analyze and respond to complex issues.
£250 per day PAYE.