My client, a top Investment Management house, is looking for a Fund Accountant.
- Maintain a comprehensive conceptual understanding of the funds and securities across all investment product types. Oversees and ensures the ongoing creation and maintenance of comprehensive documentation of all procedures. Tracks and documents adherence to various control standards to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures. Supports management to foster an effective work environment.
- Facilitates department overviews and sit-with sessions to prospective new hire and rotational candidates and provides feedback to management team. Provides informal coaching and training to support on-boarding and continuous education activities.
- Coaches and provides feedback to crew on various operational items and project management activities.Collects and reports on metrics, maintains effective controls to mitigate risk, ensures contingency preparedness, supports and maintains end user computing tools, and/or supports new product launches as they relate to corporate actions accounting. Supports management in the controls certification and control self-assessment requirements of the team.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and proactively propose solutions to senior management.
- Leads business critical projects by completing a comprehensive impact analysis, recommending appropriate solutions, and participating in the implementation process. Able to effectively communicate with project team members, stakeholders, and sponsors.
- Serves as liaison between various business partners. Represents the firm professionally within stakeholder interactions as a subject-matter-expert. Proactively resolves elevated issues relating to stakeholder relationships and can elevate as necessary to management. Identifies and resolves mission critical process concerns independently.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/Finance) preferred.
- Previous experience in finance/ fund accounting preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent judgment and proven ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action under tight time constraints.
- Strong work ethic. Demonstrated willingness to contribute to the overall success of the team .
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple business partners and diverse responsibilities.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivational skills. Ability to interact with various levels of management.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.