12 month FTC
The Purpose of the Role is to provide relevant and timely financial analysis to evaluate and challenge performance of the net income and costs which impact the P&L and investment decisions.
Build a detailed understanding of the Product/Channel P&Ls, articulating the results and key income drivers to key stakeholders in the functional teams:
- Evaluate and challenge Product teams on the monthly performance of sales and net income
- Produce insightful month end variance analysis to inform upwards reporting to the Functional leadership team and Financial Control team
- Maintain a register of Risks and Opportunities, highlight through the appropriate channels, and ensure alignment in quarterly forecasts
- Input to the budgeting and forecasting process for the function within the guidelines and timetable established by the Financial Control team e.g.
Developing and managing robust templates and models for input of budget submissions
Review and challenge Product Managers/Cost Centre Managers
Ensure alignment of phased budgets with weekly product targets
Prepare presentation materials for functional lead team, ExCo and Board reviews
Provide modelling support for business cases
- Provide expert advice and an independent view to the Finance Leadership Team and functional lead team
- Evaluate business cases for investment decisions, challenging key assumptions and ensuring compliance with POL governance processes
- Participate in cross Finance initiatives and workstreams to include support for any audit work carried out
- Approval of Purchase Order requisitions within the agreed company levels (currently £0.5m).
- Good understanding of finance systems (particularly SAP and Business Objects packages)
- Computer literacy / numeracy with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
You must be a fully qualified accountant with CCAB recognised qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA) and a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Analytical skills
- The ability to effectively summarise and interpret data to senior non-finance business leaders
- Commercial acumen
- Communication and influencing
- Collaboration and teamwork.