Senior Content Strategist and Editor – Asset Management
This is a permanent position to support the Investment Management Operations team in the provision of Private Capital services to UHNW and institutional clients and family offices. This role encompasses all operational activities for the lifecycle of private capital events and supporting the wider Investment Management operations team processes.
The role requires interaction with all aspects of the Investment Management business including the private capital, client, investment, and operations teams as well as other parts of the Group including central support services such as compliance.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operational responsibilities for the Private Capital funds including the following:
- Monitoring flows on underlying investments and ensuring effective document management processes are followed
- Reviewing valuations produced by Third Party Administrators and taking responsibility for the oversight of Administrators/Custodians
- Cash monitoring and distribution recommendations/producing cash projections
- Preparing pricing reports for the Private Equity Investment Committee
- Involvement in project work such as fund launches/restructuring
- Provide support to the Private Capital team where required.
Operational responsibilities for Private Capital positions within client portfolios such as:
- Monitoring and processing of Capital Calls and drawdowns
- Reconciling private capital activity and cash movements against administrator records on a daily basis
- Working closely with key members of the wider group in relation to client needs and queries
- Maintenance of client portfolio records including pricing and performance records and checking
- Maintenance and pricing of private capital funds including monthly pricing checks for valuation and reporting purposes
- Analysis of historical transactions and creation of ad hoc reports for client teams queries
- Liaise with administrators to resolve issues on client accounts as they arise
- Build solid working relationships with all external administrators and internal teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant investment qualifications/part qualifications (e.g. CFA) would be advantageous
- Proven experience within the private capital operations environment, including knowledge of private capital fund structures and the monitoring of private equity positions within client portfolios
- Experience within the wider Investment Operations area would be advantageous
- Proven experience working with numbers as there is no room for error
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office Suite with excellent level of excel
- Knowledge of Bloomberg would be helpful
- Understanding of UHNW sector.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills of complex data
- Multi-tasking skills
- Methodical and meticulous with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible with the ability to work extra hours when required
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills as it is a small team.