Sales Support Analyst – Asset Management Distribution
As a member of the Global Fee Consulting Team, this role helps run investment management fee policy across all geographic regions and lines of business and plays a key part in the team’s role as subject matter expert on all fee related matters. Along with team members, the analyst is responsible for the fee related information produced in marketing materials, consultant databases, regulatory filings, internal company analysis, and client contracts.
Works under the direct supervision of more senior staff on complex projects, analyses and tasks and independently on standardised/recurring assignments.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
Core responsibilities of the team
- Educates sales team and prospective and existing clients on management fee arrangements.
- Creates exhibits illustrating investment management fee structures and options for sales team prospective and existing clients.
- Provides cross-regional (Americas, Europe, Asia) management fee guidance and recommendations to internal (Marketing, Legal, Investment Group) and external clients. Considers regional and product differences when making recommendations.
- Advises the Global Fee Services team on account set-ups and contract amendments relating to complex fee structures to ensure accurate application of fee policies.
- Reviews and recommends changes to fee related language contained within contractual documentation.
Projects and initiatives
- Creates financial models to assess and communicate impact of proposed fee policy changes to all appropriate parties.
- Identifies issues and new opportunities, develops and prepares detailed analyses, presents findings and recommends course of action to senior business leaders and various management committees.
- Performs competitive research in order to benchmark current fee structures to market and identifies trends on a regional or global scale in order to validate or propose changes as necessary.
- Fee structures for investment offerings:
- Develops new fee structures as new investment products are rolled out.
- Works with investment and sales teams to understand how new products align with existing offerings.
- Monitors current fee structures for existing investment offerings and recommends different options when pricing change is needed.
- Understands financial, competitive and operational implications of fee structure changes and communicates them clearly to impacted parties.
Business & Technical Skills:
- Demonstrates ability to analyse data and information.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritise and manage workload between urgent client requests and ongoing team projects.
- Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the department/business area.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify, assess, respond to and escalate risks or potential risks encountered through day-to-day activities.
- Comfortable manipulating large amounts of data in tools such as Microsoft Excel with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
This is an ideal role for someone who is looking to enhance their career in Sales Support/Client Services in asset management. This person could come from an operations background.