Risk and Compliance Analyst – Wealth Management
Salary: £50,000. Excellent bonus and benefits.
Reporting to the Head of UK Risk and Compliance, the Risk and Compliance Analyst supports the UK Risk and Compliance team to cover regulatory change in the UK and its impact on overseas offices. They will be required to provide product-related compliance advice and support for the UK-regulated businesses. There is also a requirement to perform compliance monitoring and surveillance across the UK Group and work with the team to assist in the execution of the compliance monitoring programme. They will support ongoing Risk and Compliance projects, and develop sector specialisms as required whilst promoting and developing robust operating controls across the business.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of regulatory reports and related administrative responsibilities;
- Assist with regulatory training across the UK Group.
Monitor and analyse compliance information for the UK regulated businesses
- Assess how compliance information meets relevant FCA regulations;
- Review financial promotions and other material to ensure compliance with regulations;
- Manage regular reviews of fund literature and perform compliance oversight functions.
Provide product related compliance advice and support for the UK-regulated businesses
- Ensure proactive and accurate compliance advice is communicated to the business on a regular basis.
Perform compliance monitoring and surveillance across the UK Group, and work with the team to execute the compliance monitoring programme
- Execute, co-ordinate, and prioritise routine monitoring as well as thematic and desk reviews;
- Perform compliance monitoring and external due diligence programmes as part of the overall risk management framework;
- Provide effective and timely compliance and monitoring management information;
- Review and approve client account and trade activity from a suitability perspective.
Support on-going Risk and Compliance projects and develop sector specialisms as required
- Ensuring that areas of risk are identified and dealt with in a timely manner;
- Identification of regulatory and operational risks and provision of support and advice to manage implementation of new or enhanced controls for new services and products;
- Assisting to manage the Approved Persons processes.
Promote and develop robust Operating Procedures across the business.
- Responsible for adhering to the operating procedures of the business as written, and providing enhancements and changes to the procedures as and when identified. It is essential that any such changes are properly documented.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree educated (preferably with a law background);
- Professional qualifications;
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in an asset management or family office environment;
- Good knowledge of FCA and European regulations, specifically COBS, SYSC, and COLL;
- Experience of conducting trade surveillance or equivalent monitoring activity;
- Understanding of financial markets, investment vehicles and client servicing standards;
- Experience of producing or advising on financial promotions.
Skills and competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and interact at all levels (credible in front of the business and senior management);
- A team player with a positive, flexible, and proactive attitude;
- Questioning, probing, and challenging mind-set in the interests of enhancing the control environment;
- Aptitude for evaluating the business implications of the regulatory rules;
- Delivery focused, and an ability to manage and deliver agreed projects in a timely fashion;
- Strong communicator – both verbal and written;
- Highly accurate with strong attention to detail;
- Hands on attitude and problem solver;
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines.