My client, a global Asset Manager based in the West End, are looking for a Junior Fund Accountant to join their busy EMEA Fund Operations Team to help maintain standards across their third party administrators.
The EMEA Fund Operations Team provides operational and administrative support to company funds, complexes and client accounts. A principal focus is on the oversight of accounting, custody and administration activities, which are outsourced to third-party service providers. Responsibilities include daily monitoring of fund valuations and the production of fund prices, acting as the escalation point for any issues. There is also liaison with the multiple investment managers trading for the fund and client portfolios. The team provide operational support to all areas within the business lines, including portfolio managers, client relationship managers, together with compliance, risk, legal and other support functions. There is a close working relationship with the Product Management & Development Team to implement new business initiatives such as the launching of new funds.
- Support the management of the financial reporting process across all EMEA funds, covering equities, fixed income and multi asset funds.
- Assist in the implementation of accounting policies and regulatory changes including new disclosure requirements within the financial statements of the funds.
- Coordination of the audit cycle including liaising with external auditors, fund administrators, custodians and external money managers.
- Assist in the preparation of board materials for the various Boards and Committees.
- Participate in projects following auditors or board recommendations including expense management, regulation and change management.
- Assist with new business initiatives such as the launch, closure or merger of funds. Assess the operational impact and requirements, work with third-party providers to ensure smooth implementation, with any new procedures and processes put in place.
- Support the implementation process for investment manager changes. This includes provision of information between parties, involving the investment manager, administrator, custodian, and internal business areas. This also includes oversight of market openings and tax requirements.
- Provide guidance to the investment managers so they meet their income distribution objectives.
- Commission reporting, involving the collation of investment manager broker commission data for reporting purposes.
- Support for proxy voting & class actions enquiries and events.
- Assist with the oversight of third party service providers including fund administrators and custodians. This will involve analysis of monthly data in order to identify trends or issues as they arise. Take a pro-active role in the reporting and resolution of issues and identify service improvements where possible.
- University graduate with a degree in either Business, Mathematics, Finance or Economics.
- The candidate should have fund accounting or financial reporting experience.
- An interest and some general knowledge of investment management industry essential.
- The candidate should have awareness of operational and process related risks.
- Good PC skills in both Microsoft Excel and Word. Good communication skills, both written and oral.