Investment Writer – UK Institutional
Salary: Up to £70,000. Excellent bonus and benefits.
Our client, a global asset manager, are looking for a senior investment writer to cover their UK institutional desk, with specific focus on the insurance market. This role would suit someone already in a similar role or someone from a more journalistic background writing commentary within financial publications on that specific market.
The role will be responsible for developing and delivering the content required to enable us to support the UK institutional business, focusing especially on the insurance segment. This role will require a high level of interaction and close teamwork with business partners and investment platforms to develop and maintain high-quality, first class level content and the ability to translate complex topics into compelling and simple messages. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of financial topics and be able to write across various channels including presentations, collateral/white papers, web, email and social media.
- Work in partnership with the Head of UK Institutional Business, the Head of Global Content Strategy & Editorial, and the UK Institutional Marketing Manager to develop and deliver the required content strategy for the UK institutional business. It is critical for this role to fully understand key client needs/business objectives, make proactive strategic recommendations for client materials and influence actively the key internal stakeholders.
- Take full responsibility for researching and writing high-quality content for institutional clients, working closely with institutional content producers across the brand and consulting with all relevant stakeholders within the business. The scope of the content will include: thought leadership/white papers/industry insights, newsletters, topical news, materials for conferences, advertorials, educational content, presentations at thematic/capability level. This will involve managing/coordinating the whole production process, working closely with our internal design team and web and social media teams and also compliance.
- Able to tailor messages to the different institutional segments and their specific investment needs, especially insurance funds. There will be a need in particular to articulate what the firm stands for for the different institutional segments and deliver specific segment content as required (e.g. Insurance brochure, Client newsletters, Responsible Investing content).
- Generate ideas and deliver new and innovative ways of promoting the brand, our capabilities and our institutional expertise to clients.
- Take into account metrics and statistics to inform the editorial calendar and the type of content we produce for the UK institutional business.
- Share/leverage best practices across countries, avoiding duplication of efforts and initiatives, and creating a high degree of consistency.
- Ensure that material complies with corporate standards, that it effectively communicates desired message and meets project deadlines/specifications.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the UK institutional sales team, product specialists, global marketing, corporate communications, compliance and other business functions as relevant.
- Be a proactive member of the global marketing and communications community, actively participating and sharing best practices.
Education & experience
- A degree in English, journalism, marketing or communications, with professional certifications such as the CFA desirable.
- At least five years’ experience within the asset management (preferably institutional) or financial industry, with a solid understanding of financial, economic and investment concepts, portfolio construction and regulatory environment.
- Proven track record of delivery high-quality content, with a strong knowledge of the institutional investment marketplace and of the topics relevant to the different institutional target audiences (especially insurance and pension funds).
Knowledge and skills
- Superb writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and engaging way to different institutional audiences, both written and visually, ranging in knowledge and sophistication.
- Able to proactively come up with ideas for content as well as take direction when content is not originated by the candidate.
- Strong research and analytical capabilities. Proficient with statistical information, able to interpret data and used it to provide evidence in support of written statements.
- Ability to write content across different channels including presentations, collateral / white papers, web, email and social media.
- Experience of writing for social, digital and familiarity with SEO techniques essential.