Head of Finance (Temporary or Permanent)
Salary: £110,000 – £130,000
Our client is a large national retailer who are looking for a Head of Finance to support the Finance Director. The business is currently going through a period of change on a large scale and are seeking a senior finance specialist to join the team during this exciting time.
As Head of Finance, you will be an exceptional leader and will be joining an impressive Senior Leadership Team.
In this role you will be looked upon for the following:
- Manage and develop the infrastructure, systems and processes for finance, audit and contract management;
- Lead and support the annual budgeting process (including forecasting future scenarios) for all of the retail division;
- Lead and support the finance team in providing high-quality financial management (direct reports 4, indirect reports 15);
- Head up the FPA process and business partner with operations to deliver business strategy;
- Support the business in transformation programmes and change initiatives;
- Work closely with all section heads to ensure that all departmental tasks are performed well, accurately and on time;
- Key point of contact for the finance department to identify procedures, methodology and system solutions to improve functionality, gain efficiencies, and enhance the quality of work and services provided by the department.
This role is offered on a temporary (temp to perm) or permanent contract.
Given the high profile of this business, you will have regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business and it is therefore essential you have strong interpersonal skills. The position also offers realistic opportunities for career progression in the future.
Requirements for the position are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA);
- Proven managerial experience;
- Extensive strategic mind-set and process improvement skills;
- Big4 trained.