Group Head of Tax
Salary: £100,000 – £130,000
Our PE-backed client based in London seeks to recruit an ambitious and dynamic Head of Tax to lead its International Tax specialist team. Based in the City, this service business turns over 500 million and has business interests in 26 countries across the globe, incorporating 200 entities within its Group Finance Function.
The successful candidate will report to the Finance Director and take responsibility for all corporate tax issues. You will be the trusted business partner to the CFO and Board, on all matters pertaining to tax liability, future acquisitions, and group tax strategy.
You will lead a team of 4 to mould and manage the global tax strategy for the group. You will be currently working as a Head of Tax in an International business and seeking a new challenge in a complex and highly acquisitive organisation. The successful candidate will be CTA-qualified, having trained circa 10 years ago within a Big 4 environment. You will have exposure of business partnering with the board and work towards formulation of a strategic taxation strategy, for both medium and long term.
Your remit will be wide, but key elements can be summarised with the following responsibilities:
- Governance – ensuring the Group operates within an appropriate tax governance structure including SAO and tax strategy, and that this structure evolves in response to internal and external change;
- Advisory – owning the delivery of tax advice/business partnering to the business in both a reactive and proactive capacity. This will include contract reviews, potential acquisition analysis, tender support, and training;
- Tax authority relationship – maintaining the strong relationship the company has with HMRC;
- Compliance – delivering accurate and timely VAT and other indirect tax as well as corporation tax compliance across all jurisdictions and international entities;
- Team – managing and developing the tax team including a Tax Manager and 2 tax specialists;
- Acquisitions – leading the tax integration of any future acquisitions;
- Advisors – managing tax fees and advisor relationships.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
CTA, ACA or ACCA qualified, 10 years plus post-qualified experience, with strong tax and VAT knowledge. In addition, you will have worked for a global business with complex entities across multi-currencies and jurisdictions.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Strong ability to adapt and pick up new knowledge and skills quickly;
- Strong inter-personal skills to business partner at board level;
- An ability to explain tax matters in ‘layman’s terms’;
- Practical approach to problem solving;
- The ability to work well under pressure and to deliver results;
- Self-motivated and driven.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished Head of Tax to really put their stamp on an organisation during a strong period of growth and acquisition. With additional PE exposure, you will gain significant board level exposure and a platform to show case your tax expertise, strategic prowess, and management skills.
Your role will be to raise the profile of Group Tax within the business, and position tax as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to the wider Group. For further information about this opportunity and for a confidential chat, please apply without delay.