Global Marketing Manager – Asset Management
This role will be responsible for developing and implementing the global marketing strategy for institutional and responsible investing as well as delivering key marketing projects to raise the visibility and brand profile of the company. This will involve planning and coordinating a number of cross-border thematic and capability level initiatives, including strategic campaigns and segment specific initiatives for institutional as well as communications programmes for market insights, corporate thought leadership, and responsible investing. This role will require a high level of interaction and close teamwork with business partners, investment platforms, local marketing, corporate communications, and compliance.
- Take ownership for the development and implementation of the global marketing strategy for the institutional segment, focusing especially on insurance, sovereign wealth funds and pension consultants. This will require working closely with key stakeholders within the institutional business, the content team, the corporate communications team and also the local marketing teams. In terms of the deliverables, this will involve delivering cross-border focused capability campaigns across various channels as well as coordinating a number of content-led initiatives such as a web presence for institutional, the setting up of a content menu for institutional, the packaging and distribution of our thought leadership programmes.
- Create and implement the marketing strategy for Responsible Investing, which is a key brand pillar for the company. This will involve working in close partnership with the RI team, corporate coms teams, and local marketing teams to agree and develop a comprehensive cross-border marketing plan. This will include setting objectives, defining KPIs, developing and executing the marketing plan of activities, managing stakeholders and coordinating implementation through the relevant teams – especially the local marketing and the content teams. Thought leadership and content are critically important, and the role will be a key contributor to shaping the editorial calendar for RI. Also the competition is increasing in the sector, so the ability to think outside the box and be creative will be really important.
- Deliver the marketing communications strategy for our corporate thought leadership programme focusing on mega trends and for the market insights programme delivered by the Research & Investment Strategy team (R&IS) – this will include setting objectives as well as developing the messaging framework, defining the customer journey, delivering the marketing plan, gathering requirements from local markets, briefing and project managing the delivery of all initiatives across a broad range of channels (including content partnerships, emails, content, thought leadership events across a number of markets… ) and working in close partnership with corporate communications on some of the external communications elements.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a number of global and local marketing projects to support our brand principles (investing for the long-term, being responsible and making investment easier). This will include helping to define key marketing objectives, developing and executing marketing plan of activities and measuring success.
- Work in partnership with the Insights & Reporting Team, measure the impact and success of marketing programmes and contribute to the Global Marketing reporting on cross-market initiatives.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the institutional business, actively participating in the institutional segment communities as well as with investment teams, product specialists, corporate communications, local marketing and compliance.
- Share/leverage best practice across countries, avoiding duplication of efforts and initiatives/create high degree of consistency.
- Close monitoring and tracking of budget vs actual spend.
- At least 7 years experience in marketing and communications within the asset management sector, with a strong knowledge of the institutional segment and of putting together communications plans for a variety of projects, e.g. roll out of proprietary research results, roll out of thought leadership programmes.
- An in-depth knowledge of the asset management industry and if possible of institutional clients and of responsible investing, with a strong understanding of investments.
- Excellent communication skills including writing skillset and being confident in editing or giving comments on content produced for institutional clients.
- Strong project management and organisational skills with the ability to take ownership of projects, manage stakeholders communications and deliver within budget and on timelines. Also ability to work on multiple projects and to cope with demanding schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships with different teams and people (investment teams, product managers and other business partners) to capture ideas and extract relevant and timely information.
- Able to demonstrate credibility and inspire confidence.
- Be a proactive, dynamic and highly client-focused self-starter.
- Proven ability and confidence in presenting.
- Able to work independently yet as a proven team player.
- Able to proactively come up with ideas for marketing as well as take direction when ideas are not originated by the candidate.
- Able to work within a matrix organisation with numerous stakeholders.
- Italian/French/German languages an advantage but not essential.