My client is an award-winning quantitative and multi-strategy investment manager.
They live by the scientific method in building quantitative models that analyse and predict real world behaviours; we implement algorithms based on these models to systematically invest in global securities markets.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to join the Fund Accounting team, with excellent opportunities for personal growth and development for an enthusiastic and motivated individual. Responsibilities of the role will be those of a junior fund accountant, with the opportunity for progression once knowledge, qualifications and experience has been attained.
The primary objective of this role is the production and validation of financial information to a high degree of accuracy on a timely basis. The role involves a broad range of activities with competing time pressures, so the successful candidate will have the ability and desire to take full ownership of a number of activities that are integral to the Fund Accounting function. The pace is fast and the team is a dynamic and diverse combination of individuals.
Examples of specific duties and responsibilities include:
· Validating official fund NAVs – daily and monthly
· Tracking receipt of invoices, obtaining relevant approval and ensuring swift payment
· Ownership of the accrual process, communicating changes to the fund administrator and liaising with departments internally to ensure all accruals are up to date
· Reviewing subscription and redemption contract notes and interacting with the Investor Relations teams, both internal and fund administrators, to ensure accurate capital flows are communicated for trading
·Producing weekly NAV estimates for the funds
·Supporting the other members of the team
Once knowledge, qualifications or experience has been attained, responsibilities may additionally include:
· Preparing budgets, forecasts and other management reports for the fund
· Producing quarterly data for regulatory reporting, tax reporting and analysis, and board reports
· Improving processes and workflows
· At least 6 months prior industry experience, preferably in a fund accounting or similar role at a hedge fund or fund administrator
· Strong academic record
· Advanced Excel, including knowledge of sumifs, vlookups, pivot tables
· Nice to haves:
ØPart qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA