My client is a 200 million Turnover retail business based near Oxford circus. As part of a listed business they have aggressive growth plans and an enviable reputation in the market place.
A newly created role for a Financial Controller has been created reporting into the Finance Director for the group.
The Financial Controller is a key member of the London Finance team, and will work closely with the Finance Managers and Business Managing Director’s.
As Financial Controller you will provide finance support at both strategic and operational level. You will partner with leaders both within Finance and across the Divisional Leadership Team, to ensure a consistent and aligned approach.
This role will be responsible for reporting on and managing a P&L and metrics supporting a £200m revenue and £40m profit business. This position will have working relationships with: All London Leadership and Business teams, Group Accounting & Reporting (incl Tax, Treasury, Risk & Compliance), Group Finance, Group Transformation & Change Team, and all others non finance operational heads.
Specific duties of this role will include:
- Business partnering and planning
- Business Unit accounting and financial reporting
- Business metric and KPI creation and comparison
- Driving change, both financial and operational via creation and integration of financial processes and reporting
- Assisting commercial decision making via business case creation and involvement
- Working across Group shared services and the local Business Unit to create, refine and report operating metrics to the Finance Director, including but not limited to consolidation of operating performance for the Business Unit, comparison and contrasting operating metrics, P&L and operating unit interrogation and explanation
- Working with the Operations Director on operational design and business case formulation
- Liaising with Group Procurement to identify and leverage operational efficiencies and cost savings
The successful Financial Controller will be expected to grow into the FD role with three years and as such will be ambitious but with lots to learn and will enjoy being mentored and managed by the FD who is an inspirational leader and who will assist in their career development.
The Financial Controller will be a fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA with first time passes and an impressive academic record. In addition you will be currently either a FC in a smaller business looking to grow or a Finance Manager or FPA manager looking for the next step on the career ladder. You will demonstrate a mixture of commercial and transactional and technical accounting exposure and have a “sleeves rolled up “mentality as well as a thirst for change and continuous improvement.
You will be 3 – 5 years post qualified and be excellent interpersonally and be able to liaise with non finance managers naturally on a day to day basis.