Financial Accountant – FTSE 250 organisation
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
Our client, in the retail sector, is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Finance team during an exciting turnaround period in the business. They have also recently made a transformative acquisition, giving you great exposure to their planned strategy for growth.
This position, reporting into the Group Accounting Manager, will help to strengthen their Financial Accounting and Control team. You will support the Group Accounting Manager with the statutory and balance sheet processes, and the preparation of half year and annual reporting.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they are in the midst of a big modernisation programme.
Some of the headline duties for this role are:
- Ownership and responsibility for the calculation of the Group’s long-term incentive plan;
- Review of technical accounting developments under IFRS;
- Support the preparation of the annual and half year report;
- Assist the annual and half year audit process;
- Ownership of bi-annual onerous lease provision and impairment modelling process.
Some of the skills and abilities required for this role are:
- Qualified accountant;
- Implementation of improved working processes;
- Proven experience of working in a professional team;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interact at all levels;
- Strong accounting background preferably with experience in IFRS;
- Ideally some Group consolidation.
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more, please apply without delay.