Finance & Operations Assistant
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000
Our client is looking for a Finance/Operations Assistant to join their team.
Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Liaise between Finance Director (FD) and Head of Operations (Head of Operations) to ensure appropriate invoice/customs declaration/VAT payments are coordinated;
- Liaise with SBRE-Paris shipments team to summarise shipments of units from Japan/China to Europe (in Excel), updating daily for information on payments/invoices/customs/VAT;
- Raise Purchase Orders for review by FD/HoO;
- Collect all invoices from suppliers and match to Purchase Orders, following up where discrepancies, reporting to the FD;
- Participate in regular calls with the HQ team and the HoO;
- Initial work in the first week will involve filing a large level of expense claims using SAP Concur, working with the FD;
- Update inventory management tool as required;
- Arrange the movement of units to London HQ and customer sites in the UK (working with transport firms, warehouse etc.);
- Other ad-hoc operational/supply chain duties to assist HoO;
- Other ad-hoc finance admin duties to help our VAT consultants and accountants – can involve gathering appropriate invoices and approvals.
- Strong MS Excel experience/knowledge;
- Punctual, polite, and able to work autonomously.