C++ Developer – Hedge Fund
Salary: £100,00 – £150,000 (negotiable)
We’re looking for strong C++ developers with a background in robust, well tested projects on Linux, who have experience working within a hedge fund/asset management environment. You’ll be joining a small team working on a proprietary execution management system for a well-respected hedge fund servicing a spectrum of end users, from latency sensitive trading to those requiring a feature-rich enterprise solution.
A low latency background is a positive but not essential – we’re looking for good software engineers with an interest in best practices and a passion for technology and open source. Exposure to messaging middleware and databases is also a benefit.
The developer will work closely with traders and developers in the UK and US.
- Developing core trading components within the EMS;
- Contributing to quality control and automated testing;
- Working autonomously, while presenting ideas and building consensus within the team;
- Interfacing with new trading venues via FIX and binary protocols;
- Developing client interfaces and auxiliary libraries for trading, market data, analytics, and security data;
- Building low latency systems to support the regulatory and compliance requirements;
- Providing 2nd tier support for the production environment during trading hours.
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor or Master degree in a hard science (with a preference for computer science);
- 4 years development experience in C++11 and Boost on Linux;
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Ability and interest to work in a team environment;
- Needs to be flexible and able to adapt to new requirements and priorities;
- Preferred experience:
- o2 years in low-latency or high performance projects dealing with multi-threaded code